Skip to main content

The hidden virtue of closed doors


In our information-saturated world, the urge to know everything can sometimes do more harm than good. There are moments when knowing less can actually protect our peace of mind and emotional well-being.

Information can empower, but it can also overwhelm. Diving deep into every detail of life's complexities can uncover truths that are hard to handle, leaving us feeling sad and helpless.

Simple examples in life- Consider finding out that your favourite food, which brings you joy and comfort is actually harmful.

Imagine delving into a close friend's deepest secrets, only to find out they have been hiding a painful past or a significant betrayal. This knowledge could irreparably damage your relationship and cause emotional complexities.

Picture a beautiful mountain range you love to visit. Discovering that the opposite side is barren.

"Some doors should be kept closed to avoid getting hurt."

There is wisdom in practicing selective ignorance. This doesn't mean shutting ourselves off from the world or avoiding necessary information. Instead, it involves being mindful of the types of information we seek out and consume. In essence, not knowing everything isn't a weakness; it's a strategy for maintaining a balanced, positive life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meghalaya and the Wisdom of Slow Living

  It has been so many days since I last wrote. Not because I didn’t have thoughts, but because nothing felt ready enough to be put into words. Some feelings take time to settle, to make sense, to find their own rhythm. And today, without planning, without forcing it, I felt it quietly within me,  today is the day . As I drifted back into old memories, my mind travelled to Meghalaya. Not just the place, but the feeling it left behind. The kind of feeling that stays with you long after the journey ends. I remember sitting on the bank of a river there, no phone in my hand, no urgency in my heart. Just water flowing, trees standing still, and time moving slower than usual. In that moment, everything felt aligned. Meghalaya taught me something I didn’t know I was searching for: that life doesn’t need to be rushed. That at the end, everything works out if it’s truly meant to be. We often hurry towards people, goals, answers; fearing that if we don’t chase them fast enough, they’...

Finding Myself in the Heart of Himachal

There’s something about the slow mornings in the mountains that forces you to pause, breathe, and listen—to yourself, to nature, and to the silence in between. Waking up to the golden sun rays filtering through the wooden window of my homestay, I felt warmth against my skin, yet a deep cold within. The crisp mountain air carried with it the scent of pine and damp earth, wrapping around me like an old, familiar embrace. I stared outside, where clouds collapsed gently into the snow-capped peaks, blending white into green, as if nature itself was undecided yet at peace with it. For the first time in a long while, I wasn’t rushing. There was no urgency, no notifications demanding my attention, no expectations pulling me in different directions. Just me and the view—a breathtaking panorama of life untouched by chaos. I sipped on my warm tea, my fingers barely holding onto its heat, and for a brief moment, I wished my heart could be the same—numb, untouched by emotions that no longer served ...

"STORMS" inside us.

Life is Just like seesaw with so many ups and downs. It is full of good and bad things.  When things are going well we don't value the moments which we have. We always chase to earn more and more. But when the conditions are unfavourable then we get to know that we lost so many priceless moments. So it is really important to change our perspective towards life. We have to stay positive and optimistic in every situation so that no storm can deem your spirit. Every bad situation will bring something good in your life. Your stance towards life will be more important in adverse situations. If you have cheerful approach towards every circumstances the dice will role on your side and you can overcome the demon of negativity, stress,worry and anxiety inside you.  It is important to water our life's plant with positivity so that it can blossom in every situation just like the lotus in the mud pond.